What is the rhinoplasty?
Nose correction, known as rhinoplasty, is a procedure that solves the aesthetic and functional problems of the nose, such as the protruding nasal septum or deviation.
What can be achieved with this intervention?
When we say Rhinoplasty, most do not associate an aesthetic correction of the nose, but it is important to note that this procedure also resolves the functional problems of the nose, which as the organ has the most important role in the breathing process. So, apart from the aesthetic appearance, this procedure corrects structural changes and nerves in the nose, as well as improving breathing.
With rhinoplasty, depending on the patient's desire and needs, the nose can be reduced in width or size to correct unevenness.
In which cases is this intervention recommended?
In our hospital MEDICA Istanbul Tetovo, specialists in plastic and reconstructive surgery recommend rhinoplasty in cases when:
- The nose is larger than usual and is disproportionate in relation to the face;
- With curves, "hooked", rude nose;
- breathing problems;
- Asymmetrical nose, as a consequence of a fracture or injury;
- The tip of the nose is large and fairly pronounced in comparison with the other part of the nose;
- You are not satisfied with previous aesthetic corrections on the nose.
What age is recommended for performing Rhinoplasty?
- Male patients, the most recommended age is from 17 years onwards, and in females, from 16 years of age.
How is this intervention done?
The operation is performed in our hospital, using total anesthesia and can last from 1-3 hours depending on how complex it is. After surgery, tampons are placed in the nose of the patient, which is removed one day after surgery, and gypsum is removed 6 days thereafter.
How long does it take to stay in the hospital?
Hospital stay is 1-3 days.
We guarantee you a perfect look!